FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old May 12, 2017, 7:22 am
gold23

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by worldtrav
You fly 140 UA segments a year and it continues to get worse..... yet you continue to fly them?? Why?
Can't speak for anyone else, but almost all of my UA flying is because it's simply my only choice domestically. I live in NJ, and UA flies direct and frequently to anywhere I need to go. If I were to choose another carrier, it would create consistent inconveniences.

I have actually chosen to do so in some instances, such as when I have to fly UAX and the carrier for UA is the always horrific Commutair. But to be honest, the other carriers are often just as bad in terms of service.....plus, Platinum elite with UA goes a lot further towards creating a palatable experience than general member with the others.

Airlines hold virtual monopolies in their hub locations, so the "why do you continue to fly them?" question is not terribly appropriate. If my choice is $300 more and 2.5 hrs additional travel time....well, it's not a choice.