FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ASR Fees for All Economy and Premium Economy Fares on Long Haul
Old May 11, 2017, 11:39 am
thbe

Originally Posted by Grog
I understand that you don't like the OP's writing style. But his points are more than valid.
I also recommend not to pay for seat reservations, not at LH, not at another airline. You never get more guaranteed than the kind of seat. And you can't be sure to sit next to your wife. In the case of problems or changes you will be disappointed. I think, LH should offer to return the money for the seat reservation, if there are changes.

But it's not a scam and the points of the OP are not valid, because at least LH does not try to hide anything about the rules for paid seat reservations. They offer you exactly what they will deliver - even if there are problems or changes. And it is also not a LH problem. Or do you know an airline that guarantee that you get exactly the seats you made a reservation for, paid or unpaid?

And the OP insisted on getting the seats, he made a reservation for. There are enough reasons, why it is impossible for all airlines to guarantee that.