FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan Airlines Call Centres
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2017, 12:19 am
kaka
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ma930407
After talking for several times to CX, CX helped send a request to JL for changing flights. I waited for another week. Then CX told me that, "it is Japanese culture that everything is done very slowly with so many documentation and little flexibility. Originally they have orally agreed to change your flight. But after all the documents to and from JL, JL told us NO."

I also send emails to JAL to explain the circumstances, both through the US page and the Japan page. I have not received any reply from the US side after 1.5 weeks. For Japan side, they replied after 1 week saying that JL cannot contact CX (when I asked whether there was specific department which did the liaison) and ONLY CX can contact JL, and with the standard phrases that thank you again for contacting Japan Airlines and sorry to learn your frustration and disappointment.

I have always got good experience with JL inflight. But I am entirely frustrated by its rigidity this time!
what airline allows you for a free change when there's an aircraft change? neither CX nor JL does it to their paying passengers anyways.