FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2017, 5:43 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Katlor
I had an opportunity to give them my feedback when calling to apply a TSU to an upcoming stay. All the hotels I tried the TSU for in this city said all the suites were booked already, which prompted me to ask to speak to a manager to let them know how things are going under WOH.

I told them that all I've heard from Hyatt since the switchover is 'no'-- no TSU upgrades, no suite upgrades at the check-in, and that even things that are published benefits have been denied at check-in or check-out (e.g. I've been told by Front Desk clerks that resort fees are not waived for Globalists even though that is a published benefit).

They said they were recording my feedback, but the reaction on the phone from the manager that I was speaking to was very WOH-like in that it was basically, "oh, well that's how it is now, every property is different and you don't always get these benefits at every property."
You don't get published benefits at every property? Seriously? Is this some alternate Kaftaesque universe?

Is WOH (whoa) really a device to empower hotels at the expense of whatever elite guests might still be left?