FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CDG - BOG - Eco or PE (on AF's A340-300)?
Old May 9, 2017, 3:52 pm
HeartFist

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Thanks for your good replies! Are the A343 AF uses outdated or relatively new?

Originally Posted by chil
In case someone is paying for your ticket, it's worth considering: you'll get a bit of extra space and slightly better food + up-to 4 times as many status miles (assuming you're talking about the cheapest 25% earning economy fare compared to a 100% earning "A" premium economy). Some people hate the AF W seats but I don't think it's worse than the normal economy.
Well, since it's for my annual leave and I am also not running a travel blog and getting sponsored I have to pay it myself your description of the AF W seats doesn't sound too promising and the flight back from BOG will be overnight. Do they recline more?

Originally Posted by Ditto
An extra 150-200€ for PE over normal economy is a no brainer for such a long flight and you make up for some of that with the extra miles, though if you search the forum you might find that some doesn't like the hard shell seat for sleeping.

An extra 600€ on the other hand is a different story, and it boils down to how comfortable you are in an economy seat for such a long trip, I know I would be fine for a day flight but not for a night flight for example.
What do you mean by "hard shell seat"?

Generally I am doing okay in Economy and was usually able to select seats in the last rows on TATL flights where it was 2-4-2 and I was seated at the window. Also it's true that with 500-600€ you can do a lot of stuff in Colombia. Secretly I am hoping that the direct AF flights for around 750€ come back which would make it easier for me to decide for them...