FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ASR Fees for All Economy and Premium Economy Fares on Long Haul
Old May 9, 2017, 3:47 pm
Grog

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by athome
cook100,

Firstly welcome to flyertalk.

Secondly a comment to your post. I do not understand your problem. When you book a seat with LH it is clearly stated during the booking process (even in bold) that
"Please note that a confirmed seat reservation does not legally entitle you to a specific seat on board the aircraft (e.g. seat 3A), but rather only to the selected category (e.g. aisle seat, window seat, seat with more legroom). "

Reasons may be:
- On long-haul: Change of aircraft type
- On short-haul: You might be aware that the "curtain" between C-Class and Y-class may be moved
and therefore seat reservation may have to be adapted.
I completely understand the OP's frustration. He paid for seats with the intention of sitting with his spouse. There is no value in a customer paying for an aisle and a middle seat which are together at time of payment, only to learn that you're involuntarily moved to a different aisle seat and your partner to a different middle seat.

Lufthansa does suck for this. While the end result is within the technical scope of their "note", it's unsatisfying to anyone paying extra for seat reservations.

I have also made seat reservations for an upcoming flight which keep dropping from the system, so the same situation as the OPs might happen to me and my wife. And Lufthansa will suck for that, too, if it happens.

Last edited by Grog; May 9, 2017 at 3:58 pm