FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread
Old May 9, 2017, 3:04 pm
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by LSL
I had a confirmed LNF for the Grosvenor House in London and I accidentally cancelled it. I was hoping that they would be kind enough to reinstate the reservation and called them about a half hour after. They informed me they would be able to rebook, but at a rate that was around 2x my LNF rate.

So, I go to do the LNF again, book an Advanced Prepayment rate which says I have 24 hours to cancel and payment will be taken after 24 hours.

The LNF was denied even though the rate was still available. I then noticed that my credit card was charged for the full amount of the booking, a mere 6 hours after making the reservation.

I called to ask and the agents also read in the terms that payment would be taken after 24 hours. Now when I check the reservation online, they have removed the rate terms.

So, I now have 2200GBP taken from my credit card for a reservation that I would have cancelled within the 24 hour period. Is there anything I can do?
This has happened before and what I do is to write to Marriott customer care and told them about this wrongful charge. The hotel should never charge you in the first place.

Do you have the reservation email? If it's outlook you can't see the full terms on your phone. Try open the email from your PC to see if you can view your original reservation.