FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread
Old May 9, 2017, 1:27 pm
LSL

Programs: SPG Plat
I had a confirmed LNF for the Grosvenor House in London and I accidentally cancelled it. I was hoping that they would be kind enough to reinstate the reservation and called them about a half hour after. They informed me they would be able to rebook, but at a rate that was around 2x my LNF rate.

So, I go to do the LNF again, book an Advanced Prepayment rate which says I have 24 hours to cancel and payment will be taken after 24 hours.

The LNF was denied even though the rate was still available. I then noticed that my credit card was charged for the full amount of the booking, a mere 6 hours after making the reservation.

I called to ask and the agents also read in the terms that payment would be taken after 24 hours. Now when I check the reservation online, they have removed the rate terms.

So, I now have 2200GBP taken from my credit card for a reservation that I would have cancelled within the 24 hour period. Is there anything I can do?

Last edited by LSL; May 9, 2017 at 2:28 pm