FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA (specific) passport policy / policies (master thread)
Old May 9, 2017, 9:02 am
Helen F

Originally Posted by RogerD408
AA used TIMATIC to verify requirements. Unlike what other airlines do, AA does not provide a link to see what the requirements are so you have to go hunting for the tool. The other issue I've experienced with AA, the GAs are likely to stop reading as soon as they find a way to say no and you have to encourage them to read on to find the exception that applies to your case. Even their travel Czar in Dallas was not up to speed on TWOV rules for China.
Funny thing, they do refer readers and provide a link to the State Department site, which states 6 months preferred, but at least 3 months from date of departure from Spain. So on the same page that AA states flatly that it has to be 6 months, the authority they cite says otherwise.

I am afraid I will freak out my partner with the news that we need to get a new passport before we go. I can hear it now ("I have too many deadlines looming, to take any extra days off before we go away!!!") I will see if I get a satisfactory answer from AA CS, and if not, I'll introduce the news gently: "Your passport is on the roof, and it won't come down...." We'll get it done, if we have to.