FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA (specific) passport policy / policies (master thread)
Old May 9, 2017, 8:04 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Helen F
Apologies for reviving an old thread, but since I'm looking at the question now....

The pertinent part of the web site of the Spanish gov't was updated on March 30, 2017, and states: "The document must be valid for al least three months following the projected exit from the territory of the Members States, and must have been issued within the last ten years." Naturally, the AA site still lists the 6-month requirement. I tried running my info (passport expires >3 months after our return to the US) in a version of TIMATIC that was linked in some thread or other, and it said my documentation was fine.

So the question remains, which will prevail at check-in, AA's rule or TIMATIC? I read convincing posts above that said the latter, but still, one worries. I wrote to AA Customer Service, if I get a useful reply I'll share it here.
AA used TIMATIC to verify requirements. Unlike what other airlines do, AA does not provide a link to see what the requirements are so you have to go hunting for the tool. The other issue I've experienced with AA, the GAs are likely to stop reading as soon as they find a way to say no and you have to encourage them to read on to find the exception that applies to your case. Even their travel Czar in Dallas was not up to speed on TWOV rules for China.