FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)
Old May 8, 2017, 11:48 pm
safari ari

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Date of Flight: May 7 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 678, SEA-DEN
Time of Departure: 7:45 PM
Length of flight: ~2 hours
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottles of water distributed by FA, drink order taken before take-off
Meal served: Described as a beef burrito by the FA
Meal Description: Turned out to be a "deconstructed" burrito, or basically a plate of beef, tomato-corn salsa and tortillas. Accompanied with a green salad and chocolate chip cookie.

Additional Comments:
Well, the picture says it all, the FA said my plate was abnormally soupy, the sauce was average probably the best part of the beef. Overall the plate tasted like a fast casual restaurant equivalent, except the beef seemed like the cheap beef cubes you get in the store for goulash, albeit I don't eat beef very often, it was tender. Salad was usual salad with creamy Italian dressing, had a good amount of tomatoes in the salad, which was a plus. Don't know how this is served as a first class meal, or at least I wouldn't describe it as a burrito. Either way I wish Alaska would punt on this as its overly messy and seems they had some of this left over from Cinco de Mayo celebrations.