FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA (specific) passport policy / policies (master thread)
Old May 8, 2017, 10:12 pm
Helen F

Originally Posted by richarddd
Spain's and France's websites are current and accurate in this respect, according to their embassies. Neither their websites nor Timatic have been updated for quite some time.

Agreed that agents will go by Timatic rather than a country's website. What's unclear is whether they will go by Timatic or AA's more conservative six month policy.
Apologies for reviving an old thread, but since I'm looking at the question now....

The pertinent part of the web site of the Spanish gov't was updated on March 30, 2017, and states: "The document must be valid for al least three months following the projected exit from the territory of the Members States, and must have been issued within the last ten years." Naturally, the AA site still lists the 6-month requirement. I tried running my info (passport expires >3 months after our return to the US) in a version of TIMATIC that was linked in some thread or other, and it said my documentation was fine.

So the question remains, which will prevail at check-in, AA's rule or TIMATIC? I read convincing posts above that said the latter, but still, one worries. I wrote to AA Customer Service, if I get a useful reply I'll share it here.