FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink Baggage Allowance to MEL-HBA
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2017, 9:24 pm
MrCheapSeats

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just to update this thread following my trip around OZ.

As a GCH travellng in Y I got 2 x23kg on all my flights, my wife however as a SCH got a wide variety of allowances.

None of the flights involved any international sectors.

MEL Baggage services had confirmed over the phone that she would get 2x23KG as well on all sectors.

SYD-MEL-HBA 2 bags checked in no problem.

HBA-MEL-BNE 1 bag only. Supervisor called and was adamant only one bag. Melbourne Baggage services called (same people I spoke to ) They too said only one bag. I took a photo of Qantaslink inflight magazine which states that a SCH gets extra baggage allowance, just in case...Bag was dragged out from baggage handling, as it had already been sent through, after about 20 mins and we just took it on as hand baggage.

BNE - MEL 2 bags no problem

MEL - SYD 1 bag only. Produced photo of inflight magazine. Supervisor called who said it's only 1 bag but they would waive the charge! Supervisor did not want to say what the extra baggage allowance in their inflight magazine related to as she wasn't sure.

It seems to be total chaos and you have no idea what policy will be enforced.

For future trips I won't be using QF again as the whole process was a giant pain in the arse and the extra cost of using QF was a total waste.