FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody get sick day after a flight?
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2017, 8:48 pm
Vittorio Piacente

Originally Posted by sunnyjl
This seems to happen to me occasionally, and it's not jet lag...I'm talking about 2 hour flights. This has been going on since I started flying two-three days/week for the last four years.

There are times when I am sick for 1-2 days after flying...lightheadedness, headache, weakness, fatigue, slight nausea. This is a not a virus. It's the same thing every time, and it takes a couple days to get rid of it.

Anybody else experience this? I'm thinking sick air syndrome or something.
Hi my wife seems to be having the same issue, very clearly.
1 day after the flight starts the nausea issues lasts about 2-3 days. She is hydrated!!! Is is rested!!! I make sure I that she cannot wake up until 12noon to help her recoup from flight.
I give her electro lights. She is not expecting.!
She does not drink alcohol or smoke!
I believe 100% it is the lack of oxygen on the flight. I draw my conclusions on the facts, on how I feel also and how attendants turn down the oxygen levels to make everyone go to sleep and keep people on flight in control.
I have had to ask directly pls turn oxygen up pls I am getting sick and will pass out if you do not, you can feel your body change and relax as the levels are restored. This is how you should go to sleep not by being deprived of oxygen.
Not all of us are hot stallions when we board planes, but the airlines have a one rule fits all regardless.
Best to get attendance on side from the time you board about low oxygen levels cause an issue for you, and you kindly appricate that it not be turned down.
Pls post your out come to confirm.