FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Group Tour - V class upgrade options
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2017, 1:04 pm
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
I assume the school doesn't have extra funding to pay for tickets for parents who want to come along but don't actually want to chaperone.

If your volunteered role is to chaperone, why would you relinquish that responsibility for the flight? If they didn't need your chaperone abilities, they simply wouldn't have brought you.

I agree with MSP here - the big deal is that, with less chaperones, the kids are more likely to misbehave - causing inconveniences for other passengers, which you can't be aware of as you're sitting up in J.

Finallly, there is simply the social concerns here - you're better than all the other chaperones and the kids to sit in J? I wouldn't want to interact with the others after I separated myself for the flight because 7.5 hours was far too much to bear in C+ (sarcasm added for emphasis).
A lot of assumptions here. OP did not state that the school paid for the ticket, only that the ticket was purchased at a group rate. OP may very well have paid the school for the ticket. OP did not state that OP is a chaperone for the flight, only that OP is going. For all we know there are paid teachers/staff who are responsible to chaperone and parents who choose to come are extra but not needed. Also, how old are the students? 10 year olds and 17 years olds have very different needs.

Sorry, edited to add that I just that OP responded to this.