FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 master thread
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2017, 10:29 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jh321
Not sure if this is the right place to post... but have a query about an Alaska Airlines flight domestic in US and Tier Points/Avios.

The BA website is confusing me as to whether I will earn avios and tier points - can anyone help. I found a few FT threads from 2014/2015 on the topic but I'm not sure which was the most up to date and current. Is it worth trying to book on an aa codeshare?

Or am I reading it correctly and I will only earn avios if I book a AS code, and it's no longer possible to get tier points even if an aa code?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Yes this is the right place

This is noted in post 1:

In terms of AS, as reported here, from 26 January 2015 flights on AS metal flown under the AS number or AA metal flown under the AS codeshare earn avios only, AS metal flown under the AA codeshare earn no avios or TPs. However, BA have now launched codeshares on a number of AS routes from SEA to Hawaii, Alaska, and a few other destinations. These BA codeshares are only available if connecting to or from a BA longhaul flight, but it does mean if you book AS metal on a BA codeshare you will earn avios and TPs at the normal BA rates.
And a summary of AA/AS combinations:

Flight with AS - earn Avios
Flight with AA metal, AS codeshare - earn Avios
Flight with AS metal, AA codeshare - nothing (previously earned both TPs and Avios)