FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old May 8, 2017, 9:11 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Red259
Yea that is what I mean. I haven't been to Thailand in 17 years, so I'm sure things have changed a ton. I will have to look at the current JW and see if its something that appeals to me.
There are better Marriott options. If you are looking for a great hotel at a good price, you cannot beat the CY. There is a CL, and as a Gold you have a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The restaurant breakfast is quite good. The location is within a short walk of the BTS, near Erawan Shrine. There is a nice little grocery store behind the Shrine. I just did a search for mid-June and it's $78 US/night. On the Marriott thread, somebody has posted information about a sale, but I'm not clear on when it ends.

If you are looking for a nicer hotel, with better rooms and bathrooms, the Soi 57 FS, Marquis and Ren are all nicer than the JW. The FS and Marquis would be my top choices, but there's lots of information on the Marriott forum. Soi 57 FS is about a block from the BTS, is generous with upgrades, has great service, nice views, is quiet and the rooms/bathrooms are swank. The Marquis is farther from the BTS, also has swank rooms/bathrooms and excellent service. The Ren is basically on the BTS route, on the SkyWalk and a nice CL. The JW is starting to show its age and actually has smaller rooms and downright cramped bathrooms with no natural light. Some feel it is too close to Nana.