FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Group Tour - V class upgrade options
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2017, 6:41 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Father-of-3
I am doing a tour with my kids school. We are flying ATL-FRA in few weeks and lucky for me we are booked on Delta and it's a direct flight. I was warned that we would have limited options with seat assignments and upgrades due to the group tour and pricing considerations.

I am able to see my flight online and even to add my skymiles number. I was able to pay for Comfort+ on both segments which will help some. I also called the Diamond line and am told that there is upgraded space available (that never happens for me!) but there is a note on our booking about the group sales and not to touch the reservation at all.

Anyone have any experience in this space? Should I just be grateful to have a decent Comfort+ seat or is there a way to use a GUC, or upgrade with miles?.

Thanks all!
Excuse me, but it sounds like you're traveling as a parent with some school group. Shouldn't you travel with the students in coach to chaperone the kids?

BTW, do you have a direct flight or a nonstop flight? They're different.