FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old May 7, 2017, 10:24 pm
bobert24

Originally Posted by gablaze23
I had the CSR told me "your last account was open on April 2016, so you're not qualified for the bonus". I had googled and called a "Reconsideration" line so maybe I shouldn't have done that. I've had more than 10 personal AA cards, so I've done these recon calling a lot of times. This was the first time I was denied (using my GF's account this time).

I'm looking to hear more data points from people here if mailers are still working. I may have just called the wrong number, got a "Recon person" who had access to these kind of files.
Were you denied the card, or denied the bonus? As others have said, the CSR had no idea what they were talking about. They can tell you all day long that you won't get the bonus, but you'll still get it. Most of us here have had that happen multiple times.

I'm hoping that if you were indeed only "denied" the bonus, that you went ahead and opened the card? If so, you'll be in good shape - wait for your welcome letter that confirms the bonus, activate your card, and start spending. If you didn't open the card, I believe (although someone else may have to confirm) that you can call recon back (numbers are in the wiki) and get the card open.

Mailers definitely still work as of last week. Personal datapoint.

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Did you not even read the replies to your previous post? Why do you conclude that you were denied? Access to what kind of files? I thought you said you were a "veteran churner".
^