FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank adverse action
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2017, 7:58 pm
robertw477

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-3 MM Marriott Lifetime Plat Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
Just found this thread. Here's my story:

Shutdown back in Sept 2016 when I applied for FP Biz. Reconed several times, tried to move credit around, and dealt with the lovely Keith in Cardmember Investigations (he performed the shutdown). At the time I had 3 USB accounts (FP, FP, Cash) and one account (my oldest) at Elan.

They initially said my 50k FP points were forfeited as other mentioned. I wrote several letters and they paid out at 1 ccp. I then proceeded to file complaints with CFPB, OCC, and AGs for CA, MN, ME; attempt to reopen my accounts with frontline CSRs; and dispute USB's responses to my complaints.

All the while I invoked the California Law stating you shall not close credit cards without 30 days notice. It fell on deaf ears. Eventually they claimed that it didn't apply due to the exception provision.

After saying I was insulted by their lowball settlement offer, they threw in another 1 ccp. They also refused to respond to additional letters. Unbelievable. I never cashed the checks or agreed to stipulated settlement. My counteroffer was very reasonable: an extra $50 and my oldest (non-USB, mind you) account back. No response.

Anyways, I plan on suing out of spite. After all, the customer has no duty to kiss your behind once you screw 'em. If everyone asserted their rights, the banks would think twice before pulling these shenanigans. It would be my personal honor to help others fight US Bank.

I've been in this game a while (4 years) but this was my first real shutdown. It certainly was an eye opener.

Btw the registered agent is listed under US Bancorp. In California that is currently C T CORPORATION SYSTEM 818 W 7TH ST STE 930 LOS ANGELES CA 90017. Find yours by doing a business search on the Secretary of State's website.
Frankly you should have taken the $1000.00. I seriously doubt you will do any better in court. You may do worse. Per your quoting CA law, these sort of of things are often disregarded and not recognized. You don't spite them since they have a ton of attorneys onboard. So they go to court. It doesn't matter to them. With any legal situation, court is the last resort. It means the parties could not settle out of court. Fighting cases on principal is a waste of time. Most lawyers love to fight on principles. They make sure the client will pay them for the wasted efforts.