FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)
Old May 7, 2017, 6:42 pm
rustykettel

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by mmaster737
Decided to give AS F a try for my fall PVR vacation and I'm regretting it already. VX serves dinner on the 5:40PM PVR-SFO but the 4:20PM AS flight with a 6:10PM arrival is shown on the flight schedule as only serving a snack...is this an error? Unfortunately I only found this out after booking and then reading here how to find out what the meal service will be. The app displayed "Food for purchase" on my reservation which I knew was wrong.
Ok, here's the current meal.

Date of Flight: 5/3/17
Flight Number and Route flown: AS223 PVR-SFO
Time of Departure: 4:41 pm
Length of flight: 3hrs, 31min
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Dasani bottled water
Meal served: Snack
Meal Description: Yellow coated chicken (curry/saffron?), couscous on spinach topped with marinated onions, garden salad, wheat berry dinner roll, & Dancing Deer lemon square. Plain pretzels served with first drink.

For all those wanting white meat chicken-- well, here it is. Dried out and chewy. Not aerococina's best work I gave up on it and asked for the cheeseburger from the back. So did the person across the aisle. FA said she'd check after finishing dinner service to the rest of the cabin. Fortunately for us, there were some available. Much better than the chicken and even better than AS previous cheeseburgers. Juicy and full of flavor with a complete condiment set. Once again chips were Lay's, not the Tim's in the entree description. Frankly I'm glad. I find Tim's to be overcooked and bland.

The couscous and marinated onion were good but once again I just shake my head at serving something like couscous on a plate to be eaten with a fork. Put it in a bowl and give us a spoon! Salad was missing the dressing which I think was a plating oversight but by then I wasn't interested in it. Lemon square was nice but small.

Additional Comments: Unrefurbed B739. Seat 3A decide to wedge his stinky barefoot feet between 2A's seat the and the wall. Killed my wife's appetite for this flight.

Service was excellent! In addition to getting the cheeseburgers, the F FA was constantly moving through the cabin during the meal and making sure drinks were refilled. This continued at a relaxed pace for the rest of the flight. The forward Y FA also checked on pax as she went through the cabin. I went to the lav while the FA was taking her break. She paused her conversation to ask if she could get anything when I exited. Nope, but I really appreciated the total customer focus.
Attached Images