FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying on / after nex gen system cutover day (May 9)
Old May 7, 2017, 10:31 am
flightfulbird

Originally Posted by fiuchris
As stated above by 737MAX8, the Altea system has been in production use for international itineraries for a while...

....I think the biggest hurdle is the unfamiliarity with the new system...

....In stations like LAX for example with existing international service, the agents suggested to me that May 9 will be a non-event there since the majority have been using Altea for a while.
Originally Posted by palmetto86
. . . Southwest is moving domestic flights to a new IT system that international flights have been operating on since Southwest started flying internationally. While there probably won't be technical issues with the new system on Tuesday, there will be about 90%+ of Southwest's workforce using a brand new system. Things like checking people in, upselling to BS, clearing standbys, and getting the flight out on time are all things these users will be doing for the "first" time on Tuesday--so I'd expect things to move a little more slowly.

If you have a longer layover, you're probably fine. If it's a 45 min connection, then I'd think about moving to DL if you must be in JAX on Tuesday.

So it sounds like scheduled flights will go out - with the understanding that there could be delays getting them out and pax should beware of longer checkin times and close connections...?

I did not get the email that lougord99 did - would Southwest have sent this advance notice to all pax they thought might be affected?

Because my flight on Tuesday 9th is out of LAX - one stop with no aircraft change at ATL - through to JAX ! Later arrival into JAX is no problem.

I think I might be safe on this one - thoughts?