FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China 24, 72, and 144 hour Transit Without Visa ("TWOV") rules master thread
Old May 7, 2017, 10:14 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jiejie
Think about this hard. By the time you pay the likely rate that the agency would ask, the cost of getting 10-year Chinese visas--even in multiple passports--will start looking like the better investment. Especially since IIRC you live in proximity to a Consulate and don't need to use a visa agent. A sidebar suggestion: get the 10-year visa while you can; with the uncertainty of where China-USA relations are heading, you can't be sure this generous visa option will remain.
Right, but everytime I'm in HKG, I don't bother to cross the border because it's "not worth it" to get the visa just for that. And it would certainly be for this trip as well (like I'm planning on stopping in Shanghai for a couple days, but I could do that from HKG on TWOV).

But I should probably bite the bullet (unless I really don't have to). BTW, probably previously asked and answered, but does the 10-year visa expire with my passport, or is it transferable to a new passport?