FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MS Surface Book - any users here on FT...?
Old May 6, 2017, 9:04 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I apologize for the dumb question, but, given the launch of the Surface Laptop.... does this mean that the Surface Book will no longer be updated and will be discontinued in favor of the Surface Laptop - which would 'replace' it in the MS product line?

If this is the case, it would be a dissapointment for me, as one of the features I liked most about the S Book is that I could have a 2 in 1 solution of both a laptop and a tablet......
My *guess* is no because they've been targeting 2 different markets. The Surface Book seems aimed at professionals who want a 2 in 1 while the Surface Laptop is being aimed at students who would otherwise get a MacBook or schools that use Chromebooks. (Note that the Surface Laptop runs Windows 10 S, which only allows windows apps to run, it costs an extra $50 to upgrade to the regular version of Windows).

Though I would probably expect Microsoft to announce a Surface Pro 5 before a new SB.