FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Ealing {GBR}
Old May 6, 2017, 3:31 am
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Squeakr
Now fixed.

Thanks.

Squeakr

Co moderator HH
This whole thing confuses me, Squeakr. Some threads have the word "Review" in block letters highlighted in blue on the subject line of the thread. I wrote a review using the Flyertalk form and there is no such highlight to indicate I filled out a form to write a hotel review. Thus why would anyone take the time to read what I wrote?

So what exactly was "fixed"?

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
You have helped point out that the review function is wonky and a waste of time though.
Lesson learned!

Originally Posted by pinniped
A four-star Doubletree? I didn't think that existed.
That's how the Doubletree was designated by TripAdvisor and Google.

Originally Posted by navelfluff
It's a good hotel, but a little too far to ride on the tube outside London. Same value, but better quality and closer into the centre is the Hilton Wembley
I know Ealing from having played tennis at their Lawn Tennis Club years ago. I like the neighborhood plus the fact that 2 tube lines are just a 3 minute walk away from the hotel.

Yes, much closer by public transport. Wembley Park is just two stops / 12 minutes on the Metropolitan Line from Baker Street. Contrast with Ealing Common, which is 10 stops / 23 minutes from Green Park.
According to Google Maps, the Hilton Wembley is a 9 minute walk to the Wembley Park station. A mere 3 minute walk (especially if it's raining) is preferable. I don't mind an extra 10 minute ride on the tube as I commute on the NYC subway daily. The price I got per night including breakfast along with my enjoyment of Ealing makes an extra 10 minutes each way worth it. Plus when you account for the faster walk to Ealing Common from the Doubletree as compared with the walk to Wembley Park from the Hilton Wembley, the difference in travel time is just 5 minutes.

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Rooms veery small at this property for a suburban location. Agree the breakfast is good.
I was on the 5th floor which apparently is designated as HH rooms. The room wasn't tiny.