FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Seats, Amenities, & Experiences on Delta's A350
Old May 5, 2017, 8:11 pm
readywhenyouare
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
"You must be a professional motivational speaker. Your posts are always so positive and uplifting."

IIRC you had numerous complaints about people being negative and raining on your parade in CVG threads, but I guess it's different when it's your ox being gored.
This thread is about the A350. Supposedly DTW is the first crembase for the A350. I was stating that if anything happens to the auto industry the hub there won't be able to support all of those Asia flights. I have not knocked or advocated for DTW to lose any service like some people have wished on other hubs. I think Delta would have been safer with the 788. They could probably sustain DTW-HND and or ICN even if GM or Chrysler fail. But filling a behemoth like the A350 would be unrealistic if that happens. Smaller is always better. You can always raise prices if demand is high. But if demand sinks you will be in a world of hurt trying to fill ~350 seats.

Also, the only reason big airplanes work for international airlines is because they typically only have one hub. BA-LHR, AF-CDG, KLM-AMS, KE-ICN, etc. Delta has upwards of a dozen TATL/TPAC gateways. Smaller aircraft spread among the gateways just makes more sense.

Last edited by readywhenyouare; May 5, 2017 at 8:18 pm