FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - C inventory but AA claims no availability for upgrade
Old May 5, 2017, 2:30 pm
lostfly

Thanks for all the replies ...

Originally Posted by jordyn
Someone here could presumably do the check on aa.com if we had the flight details.
I know, but I don't like to post the details publicly. Anyway, Expert Flyer's support confirmed that AA is indeed publishing the C inventory on that flight. I understand that their "source" is more reliable than a SWU check on aa.com, or that is not correct?

I even double and triple checked that the flight I check on ET is my flight. Just in case I might be on a different date or flight, I went paranoid and did the following ... From the ET page that showed the C inventory opened the seatmap. Then from my reservation on aa.com I clicked to change seats. So I could compare the available and assigned seats, and they matched. LOL

Originally Posted by DLinYUL
... Beyond that, all you can do is hang up and call again.
I will certainly call again next week. I was just wondering if there is something else going on. Either something specific to that flight, or may be a new upgrade policy?

Somebody knows the internals of the process? I thought that once inventory is released by RM, then the waiting list is processed automatically. I guess it isn't? Somebody manually processes the list for every single AA flight???