FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation
Old May 5, 2017, 5:47 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by synergistic
  • Comments Any idea what I can expect here? TBH, the voucher did a pretty darn good job of compensating me for the delay - but I still want my certs back. No way I'd have used them on anything but an internationally configured plane. I really feel that I deserve my certs back (or $80 and an equivalent number of miles) even though I did get the upgrade. Am I being unreasonable? What is fair to expect?
For best results, you need to shorten your complaint considerably and stick to the main issue of getting your 500-mi upgrade stickers back.

- DAB-CLT was overbooked
- You volunteered off the flight for a voucher and agreed to be rerouted in F from MCO-DFW-SLC
- AA mistakenly deducted stickers from your account for the DFW-SLC segment

Forget about trying to get any additional compensation. AA can easily refund stickers back to your account, I've had it happen several times when they've wrongly deducted them. If the email fails, call AAdvantage Customer Service (not the normal reservation line).