FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old May 4, 2017, 5:07 pm
aradisc

Originally Posted by gnomey
Interesting and worthy of investigation, I agree

1) Presumably, post expiration, focusmmuter is stuck on applytoday, while beltway is successful on applynow

2) And presumably, both scenarios involved 9 digit codes (this may or may not matter)

So basically, the tentative hypothesis is that, applynow URL mailer have leeway up to 2 months post-expiration, while applytoday URL may not?

And the one most folks on this FT thread use 90% of the time is the applynow URL mailer?
On the business side, I just tried a mailer for citi.com/applyAABusinessCard that expired on 4/30 and it won't load the application.
It gives the error: "A system error has caused a delay in processing your application."

I have a later mailer with a different URL, applynowAAbusinesscard , but using the same (4/30) code comes up with the same error. Anxiously awaiting other data points, because the later mailer expires just before my 90 days is up. Might risk it if it's confirmed that 2 month grace period is dead.