FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA lounge access guidelines
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2017, 3:48 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by moonunit
Hi guys,

I am a BA gold card holder flying economy from AKL to LAX (ugh) today on American, then transferring with a long layover to an Air Canada (I have no star alliance status) flight to YUL. Will I be able to use OW lounge in LAX or will I be stuck in the worlds worst airport with no lounge?

Cheers
Stuck yes, it would appear so, leaving oneworld means leaving oneworld's lounges. AC leaves from T2 and I can't think of any viable options for you there. unless you are Star Gold or something similar. World's worst airport? You haven't lived! I'll raise you to Simón Bolívar International, CCS. Or LTN.

If it's a really long layover, take the city bus to In-N-Out Burger. You could try and blag your way into the Admirals Club in T4, they sometimes are prepared to accept people after travel, but I wouldn't show your AC boarding pass. Alternatively Alaska do "paid for" entry in T6, at USD 45 for a day pass.