FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a light carry-on: Why is Rimowa all the rage?
Old May 4, 2017, 2:18 am
TPACjv

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by scottmlew
I would love to get a Salsa Air for the low weight, but given how little international travel I do, I can't justify it, given that they don't make a rollaboard that is compliant with the typical 14" width of the US carriers. I am very surprised they have not released such a model. If they do, I likely get one, and will definitely do so if they make it in a non-clamshell design. I also wish that they had a 2-wheel model, as I much prefer that to a 4-wheel design.

Yes, I know that many people use them on US carriers regularly and without an issue, but it is clearly not compliant -- so if you encounter a scenario where they are sizing bags (which I see somewhat often, both at the gate and at other checkpoints (e.g., pre-security)) you are unlikely to get any leniency.
As one of those who regularly take my salsa air on USA carriers, I haven't had problems with sizers because they are usually 15 inches. So from a busy GA's perspective, the bag does "fit."