FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Intercontinental Dublin (Master Thread)
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2017, 2:39 pm
simpletastes

I am pleased to report an excellent stay at the Intercontinental Dublin. I redeemed two free nights (one with free night voucher and another with points). At check-in I was offered an upgrade to a full suite (I booked a standard room). I asked if the suite was recently refurbished and when was told it wasn't, asked if I could receive a standard refurbished room instead of the suite. The front desk agent was able to provide me a refurbished suite instead. This was really appreciated, considering that it was a complimentary stay. It was a double upgrade from standard room -> junior suite -> suite. I had IHG Platinum status. The refurbishment was not a complete one in the sense that some furniture were reused (including chairs which were reupholstered and mattresses), and the bathroom received a modest refresh. Sunday brunch was simply fantastic value at EUR 39 per person, food quality and service were outstanding. The location was not central, so we had to take taxis everywhere (though there is a DART train station nearby); this was the biggest downside for us. The spa floor was spacious, but needed a refresh. Do ask for a refurbished room. It was a fairly large property -- not a boutique 100-room Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental -- but it had a nice "grand hotel" buzz and atmosphere to it. Well done to IC Dublin. (I stayed at The Merrion a few months ago, and that was a very very nice property -- I felt like I was living in an aristocratic town house -- with prices to match.)

Last edited by simpletastes; May 3, 2017 at 2:46 pm