FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old May 3, 2017, 7:30 am
ryman554

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by ADeutsch
I dont think going via Zurich is an option unless my journey back to the states wants to be a 2 stops.

Rewinding my girlfriend & I are going to be at a wedding 1 hour outside of Pisa and Florence Italy. We are trying to make it back home to Washington DC area by Sunday Sept 03 (night) for an event on labor day. If we went to zurich I think the connection if any is 50 minutes. I think the four options are as follow...

1. Air france via Paris with 2.5 hours
2. BA via London with 2 hours
3. Lufthansa via Frankfurt with 1 hour
4. Lufthansa via Munich with 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Any other options I am open to suggestions, but I do need to drive from the wedding area to an airport
I don't understand what the problem is here.

For the flights you have listed, they all leave around noon to 1:00pm. Given arriving 60 or so minutes early to the airport and the hour or so of travel time, you can't have anything planned for the Sunday at all.

Why limit yourself to 1pm departures and all this hassle when there are plenty of earlier morning departures from either airport which remove this connection problem?

like LH9437 which leaves at 9:45am?
Or, if you insist on a later time, why not LH311 which gives you 2+ hours in FRA and leaves at 1:30pm?

Heck, even if you wanted to keep your same departure flights, there are plenty of two stop options which get you into any one of three different airports by 10pm on Sunday night.

You have serious time constraints, apparently, are there other constraints that you are not telling us?