FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - will this be a shakedown cruise?
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2017, 5:37 am
Randyk47

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ente_09
Ponant is French owned and over half the clientele are French.
In booking my cruise with them,I already sense a little bit of French attitude. Maybe certain Americans are reluctant to cruise on a boat where English is not the primary language.

I confused by what you mean by less than " all inclusive". The only thing it seems is not inclusive are the land tours, and from what I can gather the only cruise line that includes them at no cost is Regent Seven Seas.

I'll get back to you in 18 months with a report . I agree with you; the boats are beautiful.

By the way this new boat seems to have a very smart but minimal decoration scheme. A friend who went on Regent said the décor was kind of Las Vegas like. What you think?
I had read, or thought I had, that there were a lot of upcharges for premium liquors, some of the better dining venues, etc. I may be mistaken as I can't find that or those reviews now. I do remember that the intineraries and length of cruises weren't interesting to us considering we could do longer cruises on Seabourn or Silversea for the same or less. Never been on Regent but looking at Ponant I'd the interior design is Las Vegas like if you're thinking Aria versus say Bellagio.