FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yikes!! House hunting in Manhattan... via Virgin America and American First Class
Old May 2, 2017, 12:50 pm
Loose Cannon

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
Originally Posted by SFO777
It's been nearly a year since we moved from Denver, and Mrs. SFO777 has decided that the beautiful but sleepy 'burbs of southern coastal Orange County and its dearth of good restaurants isn't for her. So where to next? LA? No. San Francisco? Nope. Back to Denver? Not yet. Paris? Not practical. So, here we are at LAX Saturday morning heading to New York. We've always loved visiting and thought, what better place for an urban fix and great restaurants. So we decided to check it out and see how it felt and how bad the prices are for a lot less space. Crazy airfares this weekend but I lucked out and was able to find two 25,000 mile Virgin America saver First awards on alaskaair.com. Unfortunately, VX operates from the armpit of LAX, Terminal 3.
Thanks for your Trip Report and the pictures.

It sure seems like First World problems to me! This report begs the question: Have you ever eaten at The Fish Company in Los Alamitos?

Last edited by Loose Cannon; May 2, 2017 at 1:00 pm