FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dresden {DEU}
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2017, 9:56 am
treppenlaeufer

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zurich
Sorry, Treppenlaeufer, for your experience at check-in. You ask whether your expectations might be grounded in over entitlement. Difficult to say. I have had positive experiences when I stayed there last December. But we did not turn up that early .
On the other hand, they could have checked with the EL host before outright declining your access to the EL. Space problem would count here. But your entitlement of breakfast only in the morning appears a bit cheap to me - for a Diamond.
To follow up with how my stay continued, things improved.
Staff was very helpful and proactive to help me to correct a little mishap (plenty of bonus points for that!)

Room faced a cobbled street with a number of cars racing through in the morning. Well, that ensured an early start for me.

Pool and sauna areas were enjoyable.

Evening offer in lounge was OK for bread and cold cuts, but the hot offer might as well be scrapped (some warmed up breaded cheese). No spirits. So following from the very limited afternoon tea offering, the lounge is definitely not one that stands out. Reading material in lounge sub-par. All quite average.

despite being fully booked for the night after my stay, I was granted a 14:00 CKO from a very friendly night receptionist.

Would I return? Not for any special stays, but as a solid business hotel yes.