FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Salt Lake City [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2017, 5:11 am
synergistic

Another great stay at the SLC Sheraton. Was glad to see the lounge coffee machine working again, but it apparently started leaking and was out of order after the first night. Was still able to get good hot chocolate in the restaurant with our buffet tokens, though, and while they were quite stingy with the Starbucks freebie coupons, I'm still grateful to have that as an option.

Re: the restaurant, it appears they've remodeled the old sports bar area to be their only restaurant. Buffet remains pretty darn good in the new location. New omelet man is a doll.
Still a lot of work being performed on the ground floor, so not sure what their eventual plan is. The showers they were installing on the club floors during my last visit are quite nice, and a great improvement over the peeling tubs we consistently experienced before.

Lounge breakfast felt lacking but the bacon was as good as I remembered. Evening lounge was fine but it appears they really only put out domestic brews now, crafts had to be requested from the (quite willing) attendant. Was not terribly impressed with the hot options this time (was actively grossed out by the unexpected beer battered salmon!) but that was just a matter of preference, my SO thought the rice balls the next night were quite good.

Even last minute with the Jazz playing our first night, the price was quite reasonable - $132, I think? The place remains one of my favorite values in the US SPG portfolio. May they never change.