FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My EVA Royal Laurel experience
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:24 pm
akalra1187
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
So overall I'd say Royal Laurel was a good experience for me, but I wouldn't do it again.
Cathay would be worth it for the stop in HK.
EK/EY would be good because mostly the cabin is a more comfortable temperature and this makes a big difference on a long flight. A UAE stopover also makes a lot more sense to me, given I have a second home in Dubai. Etihad has a more comfortable seat, and the lounges are a place to relax with table service, not like standing in the terminal! Similarly priority security is something I never appreciated till now. EVA's lack of it makes a big difference.
Those who've commented that I can't compare it to F. When an airline makes a conscious decision to eliminate F, they know comparisons will be made, this is why EVA offer pyjamas (that don't fit anyone other than a Mongoloid), prestige curvee Champagne and Rimowa cases in their top cabin.
The 'non-evasive' service didn't really bother me, if I was really bothered I'd get it myself. I once flew LHR-HKG in my student days in BA Y, I couldn't take the seat and had no issue spending most of the flight standing by the gallery drinking JW Red Label. The crew seemed to be happy chatting to me to, although I was perhaps more handsome then... It doesn't mean that being offered it at seat isn't a million times better and what the airline should have done.
I will eat what's presented to me, I should be given the option to decline it before its plated, YMMV but as far as my upbringing goes you don't waste food once its plated for you.

Last edited by akalra1187; Apr 30, 2017 at 8:05 pm