FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:59 am
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by sunshinekid
Having a job to have a job and being "interested in touching peoples bodies" are different things. A TSA employee may go through the motions, but that does not mean that TSA employee has some perverted interest in what they are doing - as is often the accusation. Though, there have been a few with a perverted interest.
The rest of the world (and our own police forces) manage to securely clear people without needing to take two minutes and without needing to forcefully chop and/or firmly and repeatedly rub genitals and breasts and without needing to dip fingers into butt cracks.

How do we know the rest of the world is doing a good job? We measure their success the same way TSA measures its 'success': no dangerous contraband has been found by rubbing groins and there have been no incidents that would have been prevented by the US groin-focused searches.

However, out of an abundance of caution, I think all TSOs should be subjected to a full-body grope without warning at least once during their shift. Since their own co-workers would perform the grope, it won't be sexual or offensive, right?

I know a young man working as a security guard. He was assigned to a hospital but only lasted two nights. He couldn't stand the sight or smell of blood.

Plenty of jobs around, and it's not like TSA demands a particularly high level of education or an advanced skill set. I have met one TSO who left when TSA got rid of the wands and brought in the NoS's and the genital obsession - and the economy was a lot slower then. The young security guard I know didn't like certain things about his job - the blood and smells - and he found a new job.

Ergo, if someone's standing there with his/her face inches away from someone's genitals or buttocks, groping and sniffing all day long, I can only assume that they are fine with what they are doing.

Last edited by chollie; Apr 30, 2017 at 12:06 pm