FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:27 am
flyer4512

Originally Posted by wyogold
This year new accounts have been one citi card /32.5 days and one Amex / month, with some miles from M$, and some posting from last December signups. Do the math, it's quite feasible.
Originally Posted by wyogold
I now get 64K AA miles for 3 K spend, which I can knock out in an afternoon on the couch for an all-in cost of ~ $30.

It was easier and more profitable in the past, true. But I don't agree at all with folks who claim that the churning game is over. Maybe the platinum days are gone, and we're 'merely' living in the golden age.

All I'm saying is that I'm travelling around the world (literally) in F and C on SQ and EY this summer for peanuts. Times are still *very* good.
You are looking at the short term picture, the first year or so is still great for first time churners after that is a different story.

Now what do you do ? You are close to being done with Amex cards for the next ~ 7 years, you are way over 5/24 and unless some more AA Chrurnable offers come out you are basically done with Citi also.

You can go to BOA and other banks but eventually that well will dry up also.