FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:10 am
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I want the world to know what ridiculous things the TSA does to men, women, and even young children at the TSA screening checkpoints. It becomes more obvious to more people what the TSA is doing when the TSA does it in public, and only when enough people are informed enough about this can the pushback be strong enough to make the TSA keep its hands off passengers' genitals.

That said, I can understand why some might feel more comfortable having this done in a "private" place, but in "private" the protection level from even extra abuse at the hands of TSA is lower.
+1000

I appreciate that some folks aren't comfortable being treated this way in public. I'm not comfortable with it, but I feel it is critical for the public to see what is going on. When people walk by and see a TSO's face lined up with my crotch while I get probed and rubbed, they're looking at the face of the TSO doing the nasty. They're looking at the expression on the face of the TSO who is doing it, and they are looking around at the faces of other gawking TSOs who are enjoying the show.

I want TSOs to have that kind of visibility. I want everyone to see exactly what they do If they stick their hands in my pants so hard my pants fall down, I'm not going to pull them up until told to do so. If I don't happen to be wearing underwear, I won't be embarrassed one bit. It will be the TSOs who exposed me for their own gratification - the ones doing it and the ones standing around watching it - whose faces and actions my fellow pax will remember.

Last edited by chollie; Apr 30, 2017 at 11:12 am