FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First World prob but it's still annoying: seat moves after booking
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:59 am
slopeboy40

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Originally Posted by ctporter
As a MM you should not be moved unless there are dire circumstances! I would call in to let them know about this issue and frankly, I would expect something in return for relocating you from 6A, and not your wife in 6C which we all know is the one seat subject to being moved. Although being moved to an aisle might be viewed as a better seat by some, obviously it is not so in your case. (does your profile indicate a preference for aisle or window?)
Yeah, window seat is set as my personal preference. And I just don't see a reason to call. All of the seats are filled now so I can't move anywhere, I don't think I should be 'compensated' because the move wasn't horrible, and even though I am a MM, I am still just a lowly Gold so a 75k might have thrown their weight around and got my seat.

And speaking of MM, on my recent flight to OGG the FA showed me that my MM status does not appear on her paperwork that she uses when she greets everyone and takes their orders, it only appears on her electronic device.