FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL disability services, AA codeshare
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:05 am
JALPak
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by duceno1
I contacted JAL this morning and inquired about the "Priority Guest Support". The rep I spoke with was helpful in answering my general questions, but restated that because I booked through AA, they were unable to even document anything in their system regarding my accommodations. The rep stated that the only thing noted in the system was "needs a wheelchair". She said more information needed to be provided. I informed her that I provided all that info to AA, but she didn't have record of it, which is my concern. I want to avoid arriving to my flight, only to find out that accommodations are not in place due to lack of communication between AA and JAL. The JAL rep was unable to see any notification of a lack of a jetway, as I was told yesterday, at either location. The JAL rep did say if I had booked directly with JAL, that they would be able to document the accommodations themselves, and provide seat assignment. Just not sure if peace of mind is worth the $400 price difference, or if I'm just worrying too much, and should trust the process.
Did you ask them to do a conference call with AA so they could put exactly what they need on the record?