FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta pilot hits passenger during fight
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:10 am
airmotive

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
I bartended my way through six years of college and can tell you...There is nothing worse than a cat fight (that's a 'girl vs. girl' fight for you non-Americans).

Half the time, if a male bouncer tried to break up the fight or get them outside, both women would turn on him! (And then promptly go back to hair pulling).
If he did manage to get the women apart, one would invariably start crying and pointing at him, saying 'he hit me' as loud and as often as possible until some other dude (who wasn't present for the actual altercation) gets his alcohol-powered chivalry into top gear and goes after the bouncer. (Similar to what we saw on the United baby stroller incident...Except with drunken 22 year olds).

Fortunately for me, my bartending was in the late 1990s, and the "big hair" fashion trend was long gone with the college-age Caucasian women. This prevented them from getting solid grips on each other's heads, and were easier to get apart. But 'big weaves' were popular with the black girls, and once they got ahold of each other's weaves, somebody was going to leave with a scalp!

I quickly learned to be on the lookout for any woman taking her earrings off. That was a sure sign she was planning on getting into a scrap, and to get security involved before it began.