FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:24 pm
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jsloan
I have been given the option to SDC a non-016 ticket; I don't remember if I used the web or the app. Either way, it was a near-disaster; I was able to change the reservation, but, understandably, UA wasn't able to re-issue the ticket because it wasn't theirs.

I ended up getting my original flight back after a phone call, but if there hadn't been inventory on that flight, I could have made a real mess for myself.

Bottom line: don't try to SDC a non-016 ticket, even if it looks like the system will allow it. I agree with the advice to ask an agent at LAX.
Assuming the routing doesn't change (which it wouldn't for LAX-LAS) and the date of departure stays the same, there is no need to reissue the ticket. UA just needs to sync the coupon with a new segment.

I don't foresee any issues doing it with an agent, but I also doubt there would be any problems if done through app/website. Even if the sync doesn't happen properly, the only consequence would be OLCI wouldn't work. An agent would resync it in a couple keystrokes.