FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pet in Cabin with Either Korean or Asiana
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:11 pm
ynif209

Programs: Membership Rewards, Chase
Pet in Cabin with Either Korean or Asiana

Hello, I am doing my research way in advance for a trip from San Francisco to Manila in Jun 2018. I've read here that only Asiana and Korean will allow dogs in cabin so my family will be sticking with either one of these carriers. We have a small maltese-poodle mix who weighs 7 pounds and will definitely fall under the weight/size limits.

My question is, has anyone had the experience of letting their pets out of their carriers for a short period of time to stretch and relieve themselves? We will be bring pads and will take them to the lavatory to relieve themselves but I just want to know if they've done this before. The flight from SFO to ICN alone is over 12 hours, plus another 4 hours between ICN and MNL. We will most likely be flying business class for the entire trip. We've never flown either one of these carriers before. We've heard great things about their service but have no first hand experience.

Also, will we be able to take the dog into the lounge at the airport (at SFO, ICN and MNL)?

Any insight will be much appreciated.