FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brussels Airlines Business Upgrade at Desk
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:18 pm
EK788

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gandalf29
I am pretty pleased after just getting a complementary upgrade to business at the ticketing desk for SN in ACC. I'm UA *G booked on S-class economy on 016 ticket, and did not realize this was even possible. Perhaps when I pulled out my *G membership card and asked about lounge access, the friendly agent decided to give me the upgrade. I had even left the desk and was on my way to the gate when he called me back and changed my boarding pass! Has anyone ever experienced something similar on SN or other *A carriers?
This is quite an often occurrence in ACC. Most of the airline managers at Kotoka airport have the autonomy to upgrade pax as they see fit, and they exercise this right normally when they:
  • Have a personal relationship with the passenger in question
  • Have been given money under the table
  • See an "obruni" (white person) who they see as deserving of an upgrade, especially if they have status/are dressed well

In all my travels starting in ACC in Y, I am upgraded most of the time on TK, EK, SN, KQ, ET and KL because of the relationship I share with many of the managers due to my wife owning a travel agency.