FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest restaurant patron I've witnessed
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:07 am
lippincottfarm1

Programs: American/Hilton Honors/Hyatt
We always spend Thanksgiving at our Mexican house. We do a Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. We invite people who do not cook dinner or who don't have the ability to cook (no kitchen). For three years running, a couple came to dinner. The wife asked me to go to lunch with her. At lunch, she hit me up for free legal advice, and then pulled out a calculator to figure out each of our share of the maybe $15.00 US bill. I never invited her back to dinner. When I worked corporate, six of us (female) decided to go out to dinner. We each ordered similar foods, with a glass of wine. One spent at least ten minutes figuring out each persons' share of the bill with her calculator. I never went out to dinner with her again, and when she asked me several years later to recommend her for a job at another place of employment, I declined. Sometimes you pay more than your share, and sometimes you pay less. I prefer to enjoy the dinner with friends, and not worry about the dollar or two difference. I don't carry a coin changer with me so someone can get her 69 cents back from her dollar.