FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:29 am
MaldivesFreak

Originally Posted by ducksaucei3
Just received upgrade rates for my July stay

Beach Villa to Water Villa, USD 82 + 10% SC + 12% TGST
Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa, USD 163 + 10% SC + 12% TGST
Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa, USD 285 + 10% SC + 12% TGST

I read that WV snorkeling isn't that great compared to the SWV. I'm assuming there are other great snorkeling places if I pick the WV, but can someone please confirm?. Leaning towards WV to save some cash for other things.
Adding those to the wiki shortly. Thanks.

If you go for a WV, there's a 50% chance you'll get one on the sunrise side which has no coral (dead or otherwise) and so no fish to speak of around those villas. If you get one on the sunset side however, it will be totally different. I suggest you email the reservations department a couple of weeks out and request a sunset-side WV and cross your fingers that they assign you one.

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Just a heads up for those travelling to CMRI;

"In a continual effort to evolve the resort's facilities, we are closing the Quiet Zone Pool from 17 July 2017 to 22 August 2017 to carry out maintenance and upgrade works. The Main Infinity Pool on Rangali Finolhu Island will be open and continue to operate as usual. We look forward to welcoming you to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island."
Cheers. Will add that too.