FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:47 am
Xandrios
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest
I know it's possible to sometimes 'tie up' particular fare classes with online travel agents' sites, but do you do this on Aegean's?

If so, to 'tie up' the fares do you have to proceed through to the payment page or is it enough to just do it with the initial searches?

It's really rather clever and I hadn't thought of this option. ^
I suspect that you will have to go through the process until the payment page - that ensures that the reservation was made. It will be canceled after 30 minutes or so of no payment.

One thing to keep in mind is that when making group bookings all tickets in the booking will have to be in the same bucket. So if currently tickets are available in U, and you would like to purchase S class, you will have to create a temp-booking containing exactly the number of available U tickets, one with exactly the number of T tickets, and then the next (single) booking should be in S.

This is kind of tricky though as group bookings have a maximum of 8 - so you may actually have to make multiple of these group bookings to 'fill up' everything until your desired booking class.